If you are trying your hands in a niche sector like agriculture in Little Falls, MN, you might find that farm insurance is more suited for your industry as opposed to ordinary commercial insurance. Why? Farm insurance is more tailored to cover your agri-business against various perils.
But is farm insurance mandatory? The reality is that no law requires you to carry farm insurance. But as you will find out, farm insurance should be a must-have insurance policy, whether compulsory or not.
What does farm insurance cover?
Yes, farm insurance isn’t mandatory, but you need it to protect your agricultural business. Ultimately, farm insurance provides the below protection:
- Home and contents coverage: Farm insurance protects your farm home and its contents from loss or damage by perils like theft, fire, and so on.
- Farm machinery: If you want to protect farm equipment like tractors, combine harvesters, and other farming equipment, you must invest in farm insurance. Besides, farm insurance is a requirement if you want to lease your farm machinery.
- Livestock protection: Farm insurance protects your animals from theft, severe weather changes, and accidents subject to your policy’s exclusions.
- Farm loss protection: If severe weather, accident, theft, or any other covered peril decreases your yields, farm insurance compensates you for the loss.
- Farm liability coverage: Just like your home insurance, farm insurance covers you against liabilities occurring on your farm. Whether it’s property damage, bodily injury, or legal suits, farm insurance got you covered.
- Farm products: Farm insurance shields farm products like feeds and seeds while on storage.
Buy farm insurance today in Little Falls, MN
Would you like to protect your crops, farm equipment, and livestock with farm insurance? Why don’t you get in touch with Hanneken Insurance Agency Inc.? We offer customizable farm insurance coverage that suits your budget and other needs.