What Type of Coverage do I Need with My Auto Insurance Policy

One of the biggest purchases that most people will ever make is a new or used car. Since a car is such a valuable investment, it is very important that you keep it properly insured. For those that are from the Little Falls, MN area, there are several types of auto insurance coverage that they made need with their auto insurance policy.

State Requirements

In the state of Minnesota, all drivers will need to have two types of liability coverage on their insurance policy. The minimum requirements include coverage for property damage and bodily injury. The property damage minimum requirements are $10,000 per incident. The bodily injury minimum coverage requirements are $30,000 per person with a total of $60,000 in coverage per auto accident.

Other Requirements

While there are basic levels of insurance coverage required in the state of Minnesota, these levels of requirement often are not enough for drivers. The basic requirements only provide coverage for liability and do not provide the driver with any coverage for themselves or for their vehicle. In many situations, a driver will also be required to have collision and comprehensive insurance coverage on their insurance policies to stay compliant with an auto loan or lease requirements.

Collision coverage will provide coverage for your vehicle in the event you are at fault in an accident or in an accident with an uninsured driver. comprehensive coverage will provide you with a range of other types of Auto coverage that will cover for theft, vandalism, storm damage, fire, or an accident with an animal.

When looking for coverage in the Little Falls, MN area, meeting with Hanneken Insurance Agency Inc. could be a great option. Hanneken Insurance Agency Inc. is a leading consumer insurance agency that will be able to provide you with more insight into your auto insurance needs and provide you with an insurance quote.