Whether it’s a prominent concern or a minimal one, pollution should be a consideration for farmers in Little Falls, MN. Fortunately, Hanneken Insurance Agency Inc.’s insurance agents can help ease those concerns.
When you first think of farm insurance, pollution might not immediately spring to mind as something that needs to be part of your coverage, but in fact, it’s definitely something you’ll want to make sure is addressed in your policy.
There are a variety of reasons why any farmer should make sure that there is adequate pollution coverage in your policy, which is that there are exposures to pollution that are completely unavoidable. Some of these potential losses include:
- Water contamination (both groundwater and surface water)
- Storage of pesticides and herbicides
- Potential for fertilizer mishaps (such as spills or unintentional releases)
- Bodily injury from exposure to bacteria (such as high levels of nitrates in drinking water)
- Storage tanks for fuel related to operating the farm
- Damage to natural resources on or near the farm
- Odors from the items needed to run the farming business (manure, pesticides, fuels, fertilizer)
Additionally, with the rise of multiple farming locations being placed under one ownership, the risk of accidents has increased because of equipment and supplies being moved in between farming locations. Costs to clean up farming accidents can be substantial, particularly for accidents that are considered pollution related, so insurance in situations like that could mean the difference between the survival of a farm and debilitating costs to the farmer.
Let the team at Hanneken Insurance Agency Inc. serving Little Falls, MN assist with all your farm insurance questions today!