Understanding Health Insurance in New Jersey
According to the New Jersey Business & Industry Association (NJBIA), in 2022, 72.1 percent of New Jersey residents have secured private health insurance – a consistent statistic for several years. However, a staggering 30 percent navigate life uninsured.
The complexity of acquiring coverage and the associated cost remain formidable obstructions for those seeking health insurance. These hurdles make understanding when to purchase health insurance a crucial question for them.
Health Insurance Enrollment Periods in New Jersey
In New Jersey, the Open Enrollment Period through Get Covered NJ – the state’s health insurance marketplace – commences on November 1st and concludes on January 31st.
Outside the Open Enrollment Period, Get Covered NJ offers a Special Enrollment Period. This "grace period" caters to extenuating circumstances, generally labeled "life-changing events." Missing the Open Enrollment Period doesn’t preclude you from getting health insurance; you can alter an existing plan or sign up for new coverage within an additional 60-day period.
Qualifying Life-Changing Events By NJ Government Standards
The New Jersey government deems the following circumstances as life-changing, hence qualifying for special enrollment:
- Medical complication or enrollment issue that impeded you from getting health insurance
- Completion of a jail sentence
- Becoming a US citizen
- Income fluctuations impacting your insurance eligibility
- Transition from shelter to transitional housing
- Moving to an educational institution as a student
- Relocation from a US territory or foreign country to New Jersey
- Change of area within the state
- Legal separation or divorce creates changes in your health insurance
- Adding a child to your family through birth, foster care, or adoption
- Turning 26 and losing parent’s health insurance coverage
- Losing insurance coverage from a student, individual, or workplace plan
Furthermore, if your annual income equates to 200 percent of the US Federal Poverty Level, you are eligible for the Special Enrollment Period (SEP).
Contact Us For Your Insurance Needs
Contact Hanneken Insurance Agency Inc. for further clarifications on health insurance and the enrollment process. We are here to simplify insurance for you.
Commercial insurance is vital for businesses as a viable way to protect against inherent risks and liabilities. According to the Hanneken Insurance Agency Inc. in Little Falls, MN, the commercial insurance required for a business will vary and depend on the company’s type, size, and location, among other relevant business aspects.
Commercial Insurance Options for Businesses
These types of insurance offer business risk protection:
- General Liability Insurance –covers personal injury, bodily injury, and property damage claims, including medical expenses and lawsuits.
- Property Insurance –reimburses for losses (caused by fire, vandalism, natural disasters, theft) related to physical assets like furniture, inventory, equipment, or buildings.
- Commercial Auto Insurance –covers company vehicles against theft, accidents, or damage.
- Workers’ Compensation Insurance –offers coverage (for lost wages/medical fees) for business employees who are injured in the workplace. It also protects a business against workplace injury lawsuits.
- Errors and Omissions (E&O) Insurance – a.k.a. professional liability insurance protects professionals against negligence or inadequate performance claims, including legal fees and related settlements.
- Commercial Umbrella Insurance – adds coverage beyond the upper limits of existing policies.
- Cyber Liability –covers potential losses (including reputation management, legal fees, etc.) caused by cyber events – i.e., hacking or data breaches.
- Business Interruption –covers lost revenue and extra expenses due to a covered event that may disrupt routine business operations.
- Employment Practices Liability – protects against employment practices, such as discrimination, wrongful termination, or harassment.
- Environmental Liability – protects against environmental damage caused by business operations.
- Product Liability – protects manufacturers or sellers of faulty products that cause harm.
Contact a Leading Little Falls, MN Insurance Agency
For more information and help assessing your business risks and needs, contact the Hanneken Insurance Agency Inc. at 320-532-6592 or online.
Life insurance is the type of insurance that many people prefer to skip. Some people believe they do not need it, while others do not purchase it because of misconceptions about it. Keep on reading this post, where we will debunk the most common myths floating around life insurance:
Life Insurance: Myths About It
Myth 1: Purchasing life insurance when you are young is a waste of money
One of the most common misconceptions about life insurance among young people is that they do not need it until they get older. Here is the surprising truth; it is more beneficial to buy life insurance when you are still young. Young people pay less for their policies! The older you get, the more you will have to pay for your life insurance policy.
Myth 2: You will have to pay a lot for a life insurance policy
The price of life insurance is another misconception. Like any other type of insurance, life insurance costs depend on multiple personal factors, including age, occupation, gender, and more. However, for most people, life insurance is quite affordable.
Myth 3: If you are a stay-at-home mom or dad, do not waste money on life insurance
Life insurance is actually beneficial for homemakers. You will still benefit from this insurance type even if you do not earn income. This is because most stay-at-home parents offer expensive services that a surviving spouse or partner will have to pay for. These services typically include home maintenance, cooking, childcare, and more.
Are you thinking of purchasing life insurance soon? Hanneken Insurance Agency Inc. is ready to assist you if you live in Little Falls, MN, or any other surrounding area. At Hanneken Insurance Agency Inc., we work with clients in Little Falls, MN, and other nearby towns. Feel free to reach out to us to learn more about insurance options.
If you are a property owner in the Little Falls, MN area, you likely know that it is vital to have home insurance. While you likely know that you will need property and liability coverage, there are many other options to consider as well. There are various additional types of home insurance coverage you should consider.
Water Backup Coverage
One of the more challenging situations you may have to deal with in your home is if the sewer line backs up or a flood causes water to get into your basement. Not only is this stressful and hard to clean up, but you may not have coverage through your standard home insurance plan. In these situations, water backup coverage provision can be quite helpful as it will cover the costs needed to repair and remediate.
Service Line Coverage
Depending on where you live, you may have electricity or gas lines coming into your property. It is generally up to the property owner to keep these lines protected and secure. Unfortunately, due to mistakes of a property owner or a contractor, these lines could be severed or damaged in some situations. Home insurance will often not cover the costs to remediate it, but an additional service line coverage plan will offer the support you need.
When you are ready to start looking for home insurance in the Little Falls, MN area, it is essential that you carefully assess all of your options. A great way to start the process is by calling our team of insurance professionals with Hanneken Insurance Agency Inc. Our team at Hanneken Insurance Agency Inc. knows the value of this coverage and can offer any support you need to build a new plan that includes all necessary forms of coverage.
The snow is falling, and it’s time to prepare your car, truck, or SUV for winter. At Hanneken Insurance Agency Inc., we’re proud to offer our Little Falls, MN customers top-notch insurance services. Read on to learn how snow tires can help you prepare for the ice and snow of winter.
What Makes Snow Tires Different?
Snow tires make it easier for your vehicle to grip the road in slippery conditions due to their unique tread patterns and tread depths that run deeper than those of standard tires.
While all-season tires are great for the occasional snowstorm, it’s important to gear up with snow tires if you live in a snowy climate–such as our climate here in Minnesota. All-season tires are only designed for occasional cold weather and don’t work as well when the temperature stays below 45 degrees Fahrenheit.
How Many Snow Tires Do You Need?
It’s never a good idea to mix snow tires and standard tires. While snow tires can be more expensive than standard tires, driving safely through snowy conditions is well worth it.
If you have snow tires from last year but aren’t sure whether they still have enough tread for this year’s winter storms, be sure to stop by your local tire shop so they can take a look and recommend how to move forward.
Hanneken Insurance Agency Inc: Proud to Serve Little Falls, MN
At Hanneken Insurance Agency Inc., we’re proud to serve Little Falls, MN, and we’re here to help you make sure your vehicle is fully protected for the snowy months ahead. Please stop by or contact us today to learn how we can keep you safe.
Drones, also known as uncrewed aerial vehicles (UAVs), are revolutionizing farming in and around Little Falls, MN. These high-tech tools offer precision agriculture, crop monitoring, and data collection capabilities, enhancing farming efficiency. While drones bring numerous benefits to agriculture, they also introduce unique risks and insurance considerations for farmers.
Drones in Agriculture: A Game Changer
Drones have found their place on the farm as valuable tools. They are used for:
- Crop Monitoring: Drones equipped with cameras and sensors provide farmers with real-time data on crop health, helping them detect issues like pests, diseases, or nutrient deficiencies early.
- Mapping and Surveying: Drones create accurate 3D maps of the farmland, assisting in land management, irrigation planning, and boundary assessments.
- Precision Application: Drones can precisely distribute fertilizers, pesticides, or beneficial insects, reducing waste and ensuring more efficient use of resources.
- Livestock Management: Farmers can use drones to monitor livestock, check animal health, and locate lost animals.
Insurance Considerations for Agricultural Drones
Farmers using drones should carefully assess their insurance needs to mitigate these risks:
- General Liability Insurance: This insurance helps protect against third-party claims for bodily injury or property damage that may occur due to drone accidents.
- Data Privacy and Cyber Insurance: Given the data collection aspect of drone use, data privacy and cyber insurance can be vital to protect against data breaches and cyberattacks.
- Aviation Insurance: For commercial drone use, aviation insurance, similar to aircraft insurance, may be necessary to cover the drone’s operation.
- Regulatory Compliance: Ensuring compliance with local aviation regulations is crucial to avoid legal issues.
Hanneken Insurance Agency Inc. Can Help You
At Hanneken Insurance Agency Inc., we can help answer questions concerning farm insurance. We serve the Little Falls, MN area. Contact us today.
Health insurance is complex, but it is a crucial type of insurance we need. You may think that you know and understand health insurance well, but there are still some aspects that you are probably not aware of. Keep on reading this blog post to explore some things you most likely did not know about health insurance:
- Out-of-network coverage: Every health insurance plan has a network of preferred providers. However, many health insurance policies also offer out-of-network coverage. This means you are still eligible for medical care from out-of-network providers, even though your out-of-pocket costs might be higher than usual.
- Pre-existing conditions: Under the Affordable Care Act (ACA), insurers cannot deny coverage or charge higher rates based on a policyholder’s pre-existing conditions. This protection guarantees that you can have health insurance regardless of your pre-existing health conditions.
- Lifetime and annual maximum: Often, health insurance plans have lifetime and annual maximums on specific types of coverage. It is crucial to understand these limits, especially if you have chronic conditions that require expensive medical care.
- Coverage of preventive services: Most health insurance plans offer coverage for preventive services with no additional costs. These services usually include vaccinations, annual check-ups, and screenings. You can always ask an insurance agent about them before buying health insurance.
Hanneken Insurance Agency Inc. Serving Clients in Little Falls, MN – Reliable And Trustworthy Insurance Company
Health insurance is something that you should not skip because it is the protection of your health and well-being. If you live in Little Falls, MN, or any other town in Minnesota and are shopping for health insurance, Hanneken Insurance Agency Inc. is here to assist you. Our reliable insurance company, with a team of insurance experts, will help you find a perfect policy based on your personal insurance needs. All you need to do is visit our website for more information or call us.
When you need to choose a life insurance policy, two types represent these policies. One of these is called term life. The other one is known as whole life. There are a lot of benefits that come with choosing a whole-life policy. These policies can be very advantageous to have, and they will also give you peace of mind. When you know that your loved ones are better taken care of when you’re gone, it may be easier to sleep at night. If you need a life insurance policy or more than one, call us today at Hanneken Insurance Agency Inc. in Little Falls, MN.
If you were to choose a term life policy, it would expire after a set number of active years. However, whole life insurance policies never expire. They stay active for as long as you live. Many people get a whole life policy because of this feature alone. They don’t want to have their life insurance policy expire at any point and have to seek out a brand new policy. With whole life, you never have to do that.
The Cash Value
Another great way to get more peace of mind is to have the policy’s cash value in place. As you own the policy, a cash value will build up over the years. The company will allow a small portion of its profits from your premium payments to build up and become available to you to borrow. Whatever the cash value, you can borrow that amount in case you need to.
Get Your Whole Life Policy
When you know you need a life insurance policy, call us to get started. You can contact us at Hanneken Insurance Agency Inc. in Little Falls, MN.
At Hanneken Insurance Agency Inc., we want the business owners of Little Falls, MN, to benefit from the insurance they need to protect their investment in their company. That’s why we offer business owners’ policies (BOPs) to small and medium-sized businesses in Minnesota.
Better Protection Through BOPs
The term BOP refers to a policy package that provides four commonly purchased types of commercial insurance at a reduced premium than the policy owner would incur if purchasing them separately. These four policies include:
- Business interruption insurance
- General liability insurance
- Property insurance
- Business income insurance.
These forms of coverage protect the physical and financial assets of the company.
Who Can Purchase a BOP?
Only small and mid-sized businesses qualify for this policy package. The business can’t employ over 100 people, and most operate in a low-risk industry.
Businesses that want the protection of the BOP’s four insurance coverage types must apply for the coverage. It differs in that way from buying another type of insurance policy.
Filing a Claim on a BOP
Filing a claim on a BOP works the same as with any other type of policy. You contact the insurance company or your Hanneken Insurance Agency Inc. agent to file a claim. We process BOP claims just as we would if the business purchased standalone policies.
Contact Hanneken Insurance Agency Inc. Today
Call or email our office, serving Little Falls, MN. Let us take your application for a BOP and answer any questions you have about this type of policy package. Only the premiums are lower with a BOP; we still provide high-quality insurance coverage.
Comprehensive auto insurance extends beyond liability insurance, offering protection for various non-collision-related incidents. At Hanneken Insurance Agency Inc., serving the greater Little Falls, MN area, we want to help you understand comprehensive auto insurance.
What Does Auto Insurance Cover?
Comprehensive insurance covers damages resulting from:
Theft: If your vehicle is stolen, this coverage helps replace it or covers repairs if it’s recovered with damage.
Vandalism: It provides protection against acts of vandalism, such as smashed windows or spray-painted graffiti.
Natural Disasters: Damages caused by events like hailstorms, floods, hurricanes, and wildfires are included.
Falling Objects: Coverage extends to damage from falling tree branches, debris, or other objects.
Animal Collisions: Comprehensive insurance can cover repair costs if you collide with an animal, such as a deer.
Why Consider Comprehensive Coverage?
While it’s optional, comprehensive insurance offers several benefits:
Protection Against Unpredictable Events: It safeguards your vehicle from unforeseen incidents beyond your control.
Financial Security: You won’t be burdened with substantial repair or replacement costs.
Peace of Mind: Knowing you’re covered for various non-collision events provides confidence on the road.
Lender or Lease Requirements: Comprehensive coverage may be mandatory if you’re financing or leasing your vehicle.
The cost of comprehensive coverage depends on factors like your deductible, vehicle value, and location. While it adds to your premium, the peace of mind and protection it offers can justify the expense.
Comprehensive auto insurance provides more protection than liability coverage, guarding your vehicle against non-collision incidents. It’s a valuable addition to your policy, offering financial security and peace of mind as you navigate the uncertainties of the road. If you’re ready to purchase a comprehensive auto insurance policy in the greater Little Falls, MN area, contact Hanneken Insurance Agency Inc. today.