Required Commercial Insurance in Minnesota

When you have a business in Minnesota, it’s important to have all of the commercial insurance types that you need in order to protect that business. There are some types that are required by law and others that aren’t required but are extremely helpful to many types of businesses. If you don’t have the commercial insurance coverage you need, contact us at Hanneken Insurance Agency Inc. in Little Falls, MN.

Workers’ Compensation

This type of insurance pays for the medical bills and lost wages that are needed when an employee gets injured while at work. This is important coverage to protect your business from most lawsuits due to injuries. It also provides workers with disability benefits when injured. Sole proprietors are excluded from this mandatory insurance, as are corporate officers and partners. Otherwise, every business must have this for every employee they have. 

Commercial Auto Insurance

If your Minnesota business owns a vehicle, it is required to be covered by a commercial auto policy. This policy must have a number of different coverage types within it to protect your business as well as others who are affected by an accident. There is an amount of coverage that is required for one person for bodily injury liability in an accident and another amount required for everyone in the accident who is injured. There is also an amount required for property damage liability. All of these coverage types pay for other people’s injuries and property when your vehicle causes an accident. 

There is also an amount required for one person who is injured in an accident that is caused by an uninsured or underinsured driver and another amount for everyone who is injured in such an accident. Lastly, there is an amount required for personal injury protection that pays for injuries to your driver and/or the passengers. 

Get Covered

If your business needs coverage, call us at Hanneken Insurance Agency Inc. in Little Falls, MN.